Outstanding Australian companies leading the charge in driving the nation’s advancement have been honored at Telstra’s annual Best of Business Awards. Chosen from a pool of over 22,000 nominations from small businesses across the country, the state winners have been commended for their remarkable contributions to both the Australian economy and society.
Amanda Hutton, Telstra’s business group executive, emphasized that the state winners embody the “brilliant business minds our country has to offer” and are serving as an inspiration for the upcoming generation of entrepreneurs. She commented, “The caliber of small and medium-sized businesses in Australia is nothing short of exceptional. We couldn’t be prouder to celebrate the winning businesses and the people behind them, recognizing their unwavering dedication and incredible potential, all while inspiring the next generation of small businesses in Australia.”
The evaluation of the winners was based on several criteria, encompassing economic sustainability, operational efficiency, technology adoption, forward-thinking leadership, organizational culture, as well as social and community contributions. The program consists of seven distinct categories, each spotlighting the unique achievements and contributions of these outstanding businesses.
The Queensland state winners are set to journey to Sydney on February 7, with the national winners to be announced the following day.
Queensland’s Best Businesses:
- Accelerating Women: The Audacious Agency
- The Audacious Agency, founded by Annette Densham and Lauren Clemett, excels in elevating businesses through compelling storytelling.
- Building Communities: Accessible Homes Australia
- Accessible Homes Australia (AHA), an NDIS-registered Specialist Disability Accommodation provider, was established by Perry Cross AM, a ventilated quadriplegic with a profound understanding of the significance of accessible housing. AHA is dedicated to creating high-quality accessible homes.
- Championing Health: ConnectedLE
- ConnectedLE is an innovative online platform that fuses storytelling with science to enhance mental fitness. Their team empowers frontline service professionals to improve mental health in communities and workplaces, championing proactive wellbeing in Australia.
- Embracing Innovation: Chirpyplus
- Chirpyplus employs modern technology and in-person meet-ups to address loneliness among Australians aged 50 and over.
- Indigenous Excellence: Australian Training Works Group
- Founded by Gunggandji men, Tony and Ashley Martens, this business focuses on offering meaningful skills development and employment opportunities for First Nations Peoples. It places a strong emphasis on tailored solutions for Indigenous training and employment outcomes.
- Outstanding Growth: LSKD
- LSKD is an Australian brand renowned for crafting high-quality sportswear with a street-style flair. Through their direct-to-consumer app and eCommerce platform, LSKD provides a convenient avenue for Australians to shop for top-tier apparel, catering to women, men, and unisex styles.
These businesses are not just excelling in their respective categories but also contributing significantly to Queensland’s economic landscape and overall growth.